||Limited Industrial (I-1). a. Intent.
1. This district is intended for limited assembly and manufacturing industrial operations and facilities. The district is designed to create a low-density development with spacious yards to provide attractive settings as well as to help ensure compatibility with nonindustrial neighboring lots. This district is intended to permit only those uses which emit a minimum of noise, vibration, smoke, dust and dirt, gases or offensive odors, glare, and radiation. Uses which involve the storage or handling of explosive or highly flammable gases or liquids in other than de minimus quantities are not permitted in this district. Storage of materials, supplies, products, and equipment, shall be within the primary structure.
2. The I-1 district is so structured as to permit, along with any specific uses, the manufacturing, compounding, processing, packaging, assembly and/or treatment of finished or semifinished products from previously prepared material. It is further intended that the processing of raw material for shipment in bulk form, to be used in an industrial operation at another location, is not permitted.
3. The district is to be used only in those areas of the township which are served by public water and sanitary sewer facilities, and where storm drainage is sufficient to handle intense development.
1. All uses permitted as of right in the OS district.
2. Manufacturing, research, assembly, testing and repair of components, devices, equipment and systems of professional, scientific and controlling instruments, photographic and optical goods, and electronic and electrical equipment, including the following:
(i) Communication, transmission and reception and equipment such as coils, tubes, semiconductors, navigation control equipment and systems guidance equipment.
(ii) Data processing equipment and systems.
(iii) Graphics and art equipment.
(iv) Metering instruments.
(v) Optical devices, equipment and systems.
(vi) Phonographs, audio units, radio equipment and television equipment.
(vii) Photographic equipment.
(viii) Radar, infra-red and ultra-violet equipment systems.
(ix) Scientific and mechanical instruments such as calipers and transits.
(x) Testing equipment.
(xi) Electrical machinery, equipment and supplies, electronic components and accessories.
(xii) Office, computing and accounting machines.
3. Manufacturing, processing, packaging or assembling of pharmaceutical preparations, cosmetics, and toiletries.
4. Manufacturing, processing or packaging of plastic products such as laminate,
and miscellaneous molded or extruded products.
5. Research and design centers where said centers are intended for the development of pilot or experimental products, together with related office buildings for such research facilities where said offices are designed to accommodate executive, administrative, professional, accounting, engineering, architectural, and support personnel.
6. Printing, publishing and related activities.
7. Artist, pottery and recording studios.
8. Employee services. Employee services such as a cafeteria, snack bar or exercise gym may be permitted as an accessory use to a permitted or conditional land use in the this district, provided such services are contained wholly within the principal structure and are offered to employees only.
9. Office and warehouse of skilled trade contractor such as electrical, heating, and plumbing contractors.
10. Office and warehouse of service contractor such as cleaning services and home maintenance and repair.